Monday, June 18, 2012

Our First Post with Many to Come!

 Adorning America is a custom jewelry business that my brother and I started in 2011. We had the idea to start this business together after I had discovered the joy of creating custom beaded jewelry and he had become enthralled with making 550 paracord survival bracelets. What started out as individual hobbies soon turned into a partnered effort of entrepreneurship! As we embarked on this mission, being the older sibling, I started reading books on how to make a home business work. In my research I found that the most common piece of advice was to start a blog. Thus this first post!

I've been told that any blog post is better with a picture, so here's one of my most recent designs! 

This is a jewelry set I designed for my cousin as a graduation gift. She is always full of spunk and loves "happy" colors, so I tried to incoropate both in the design. In doing so, I created a new category called Naturally Funky.    In the necklace, I used all natural beads including fresh water pearls, turquiose stone, polished shell, and copper accents! The pendant is a large piece of polished shell with a small pressed flower sealed onto it.  The earrings are very comfortable clip-ons, and the braclet is strung on an elastic strand! 

I will try to post each design, as I come up with them, here on this blog, so keep checking in to see what's new!

I'm currently working on our portfolio site.  Hopefully I'll have it up soon!

Happy Monday!

Destiny Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment