Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cool Cords

Today I have decided to post something about Cool Cords, which is my brother, Daniel's part of our business.  Here's how it all started.  Last year, he started making stuff out of para cord after some family friends' uncle came for a visit last August. Their uncle had started making para cord survival bracelets a few years ago, and he happened to bring all of his paraphernalia with him.  Daniel thought it was the coolest thing ever!  They looked awesome, were comfortable, fun to make, and actually served a purpose if you happened to be in an emergency situation.  In his mind, the fact that it was practical  made something that was already extremely cool, even cooler! 

Seeing what our friends' uncle had done with his business inspired Daniel.  He decided that it would be a cool hobby to pick up, so as soon as we got home, he started looking up how make stuff out of para cord and creating his own techniques to improve each design he learned.  Within a couple of months, Daniel was practically an expert on the art of para cord weaving!

It wasn't long before he started receiving orders for bracelets.  He knew nothing about any of the details to running a small business or even advertising, he just had a gift of a salesman and was able to convince people that his product was better!  All of his orders were strictly done by word of mouth and he was great at clinching deals; which was the one area I was the worst in. 

By this time, I had been trying to get my jewelry business up and going for several months and had only received a couple of orders.  I had been reading about how to start a successful home business, but somehow that wasn't enough.  What I was lacking was the gift of born salesmanship; something my brother had!  In fact, at about 6 years of age, he proclaimed to my mother,"Mom, I was born with entrepreneurship!"  This was said right after having the idea to sell some of his original art work.  He might have failed in his attempt, but at least he had the courage to get out there and try!

I was good at logistics.  Daniel was good at being bold.  I might have had a thought out business plan, but he was the one out there getting orders even though he didn't even have a business name.  I realized we both had something to offer each other, so I offered for him to become my business partner!  He was flattered that his older sister would give him an offer like that and accepted almost immediately.  I am so glad he did! 

Daniel makes the highest quality para cord products I have ever seen!  His most popular products right now are his bracelets and his key fobs!  He can make them in several different colors, designs, and sizes!

Here are a few pictures!






Contact us at adorningamerica@gmail.com for pricing!

Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment